Charis M. Ellison (charismitaine) wrote,
Charis M. Ellison

Hi, neglected LJ. I haven't been posting here about minor things--I have been slowly slipping into the cult of Tumblr. This may have something to do with the fact that I don't think anyone is still reading this LJ, but I actually wrote a real post about my day, so there it is:

I had a wonderful day! And it was weird. Nothing particularly fantastic happened to me, except that I felt in control and on top of everything all day. 

It all started because I woke up with an awful headache, of the 'oh my gosh did I stab an icepick into my temple in my sleep?' variety. Most mornings I wake up and go back to sleep several times, but since there was no going back to sleep with this headache I just got up. At 8am, an hour and twenty minutes before I usually claw my way out of bed. 

Since I was getting up, I made my bed (it helped that I had just changed the sheets and made up the bed the night before--is it weird that I feel powerful and triumphant when I put the sheets on and make tight hospital corners? Because I do). 

With an hour and a half before leaving for work, I decided to take care of the big item on my to-do list for the day--exercise. First I drank a glass of water and took some painkiller for the headache, and ate breakfast (it was re-heated pizza, but hey, normally I rush out of the door and then eat a fiber bar at work). 

Then I did half an hour on the elliptical, and drank an Emergen-C, and showered (and while I was waiting for the water to warm up I wiped down the outside of the toilet).

Usually I run out of the shower, dress frantically, and leave late. Today I came out of the shower with nine whole minutes in which to leisurely don the clothes that I'd laid out (and okay, I laid them out after I took them off on Friday--but I only wore them for a couple of hours and thought 'hey, this is a good outfit for work on Monday' and left them out on purpose. Totally counts). I left the house on time for the first time in weeks/months/almost ever, and got to work early. 

I felt focused all morning, and the day didn't seem to drag on forever. I had an hour for lunch (all of last week we were told to talk half an hour because we were slammed) and I got to go to my beloved Panera (Panera. Marry me). But I finished my lunch with twenty minutes to spare!

So I went to the store and bought deodorant and pens. 

And I worked the rest of the day, still feeling focused and not clawing at the walls, even though I worked an hour overtime. 

The downside to going to sleep late and getting up early is that by the time I got home the focus was wearing off and I was starting to feel tired and glassy, but I still added notes to the outline for my NaNoWriMo novel, folded and put away two loads of laundry (and put away a load of towels), washed my face (I've been neglecting my oil method routine), put out clothes for tomorrow, and I'm about to go and put my butt into my beautifully made bed. 

This interest in productivity has been slowly building up--I've been trying to make and accomplish to-do lists so that regular tasks like laundry and cleaning don't get out of hand, mostly because I've been inspired by the no-nonsense awesome of UfYH, but last week I worked a lot of extra hours, which completely threw of my everything and I didn't exercise or work on writing or tidy my room or anything all week. 

Dear Monday: I have kicked your ass. Fear me, for I am mighty! ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR!

I feel like I deserve some kind of medal. 

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic
  • 1 comment